Monday, October 20, 2014

Today I was happy to have a relatively short and easy Monday. I started off with my Geography class, "World Ecology Problems." In geography, we talked about invasive species, mainly focusing on those in the United States. One of the biggest invasive species in the southeast region of the US is the kudzu vine. The vine has no natural predator and steals sunlight, water and nutrients from the plants it latches onto. Then we learned about invasive species located in the Great Lakes region. The main problem we have in the Great Lakes ecosystem is zebra mussels. The mussels are transported by latching on to the bottom of boats, and then the boats are moved from lake to lake, allowing for the mussel to spread its habitat. Then I had about a four hour break until my next class. I had my Health and Wellness lecture. We watched the Theater for Community Health's production of "The Real Buzz." I had already seen the performance, but there were a few different actors this time. It was very informative about the dangers of excessive drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment